It’s that time of year again, folks. The time when everyone’s kitchen is caked in flour and sugar, love is expressed through the creation of tasty treats, and generous, giving spirits abound. Sounds like the perfect time for a vegan bake sale, wouldn’t you say?
Vegan Haven (formerly Sidecar for Pigs Peace) is holding their Holiday Bake Sale this weekend, Dec. 15-16 to benefit the wonderful Pigs Peace Sanctuary. I’m going to be whipping up some savory treats for the event, know a few other local vegan friends will be doing the same, and know that friend Helen of Vegtastic is helping to plan it. The sale is still seeking more bakers to donate goods vegan baked goods for this very worthy cause. Have some free time and want to help bake for the piggies? Here’s more info:
- Please drop off your baked goods at Vegan Haven during this time frame: Friday, December 14th after 6pm through Saturday, December 15 at 8pm. If this doesn’t fit in your schedule or you would like to bring in your items on Sunday morning so we have fresh goodies, please contact Helen at email@example.com to work out arrangements.
- All items must be vegan (no honey)
- All items must be cooked/baked. Dehydrated food is A-OK to bring to the sale.
- Avoid potentially hazardous foods that spoil easily without refrigeration. For example, pudding, cheesecake, a whipped cream filling or topping, etc.
- Wrap all of your items at home in individual sized servings. For example, if you¹re baking cookies, wrap them individually or 2 or 3 together in saran wrap or a sandwich bag. The reason behind this is to minimize direct hand to food contact at the sale.
- Follow hygienic practices when preparing and wrapping food–wash your hands frequently, keep a clean working environment, etc.
- Please bring a list of ingredients that you used in your baked goods. People might have questions at the sale regarding allergies, etc. You can put the list of ingredients on each item or bring one list, it’s up to you.
Just a general bake sale FYI: individual-sized portions tend to sell better than large items. This way, people can pick and choose from a variety of treats, (I know this is my strategy). Also, you don’t have to be vegan to contribute, just your baked goods!
If you are unable to bake, eaters are always welcome too! The bake sale usually features a variety of types of brownies, cookies, savory treats, cakes, etc., so there’s something for every vegan baked good lover. You can also check out the wonderful Vegan Haven for holiday gifts if you’re one of those people who have yet to start their shopping (aka, me). Win-win!
I plan on attending the bake sale on Sunday, and I hope to see some of your lovely faces there!
- What: the Vegan Haven Holiday Bake Sale
- Where: Vegan Haven, 5270 B University Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105
- When: Saturday, Dec. 15 from noon to 8 p.m. and Sunday, Dec. 16 from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.